Organic Abhyanga Massage Oil 4 oz
What is Abhyanga?
There is no greater expression of self-love than lovingly anointing ourselves from head to toe with warm oil—this practice is called Abhyanga. The Sanskrit word Sneha can be translated as both "oil" and "love." It is believed that the effects of Abhyanga are like those received when one is saturated with love. Like the experience of being loved, Abhyanga can give a deep feeling of stability and warmth.
A daily Abhyanga practice restores the balance of the Doshas and enhances well-being and longevity. Regular Abhyanga is especially grounding and relaxing for Vata Dosha imbalances, however everyone benefits from this practice.
"The body of one who uses oil massage regularly does not become affected much even if subjected to accidental injuries, or strenuous work. By using oil massage daily, a person is endowed with pleasant touch, trimmed body parts and becomes strong, charming and least affected by old age. "
— Charaka Samhita Vol. 1 5 V: 88-89
Benefits of Abhyanga
- Nourishes the entire body—decreases the effects of aging
- Imparts muscle tone and vigor to the Dhatus (tissues) of the body o Imparts a firmness to the limbs
- Lubricates the joints o Increases circulation o Stimulates the intemal organs of the body o Assists in elimination of impurities from the body o Moves the lymph, aiding in detoxification
- Increases stamina
- Calms the nerves
- Benefits sleep—better, deeper sleep
- Enhances vision
- Makes hair (scalp) grow luxuriantly, thick, soft and glossy
- Softens and smoothens skin; wrinkles are reduced and disappear
- Pacifies Vata and Pitta and stimulates Kapha
Blend contains: Neroli, Jasmine, Lavender, Blue Chamomile, and Patchouli
Neroli: counters emotional shock, mental confusion, nervous strain, anger, anxiety, fear, and lack of confidence.
Jasmine: soothes headaches, insomnia, depression, anger, fear, grief, and worry. It is the supreme aphrodisiac.
Lavender: among the safest and most widely used medicine. It is specific for conditions of the central nervous system as well as the adrenal glands. It counters depression, insomnia, stress, anger, anxiety, and improves one's mood and memory.
Blue Chamomile: extremely medicinal with its anti inflammatory properties. It is an anti depressant, good for emotional oversensitivity, stress, anxiety, insomnia, or suppressed anger.
Patchouli: counters nervousness, anxiety, oversensitivity, and depression by putting problems into perspective and releasing pent up emotions.
Coconut Oil: a great carrier oil that is excellent for dry or inflamed skin. It has a cooling energy making it great for Pitta constitution.
Directions: Apply oil generously after shower