Shirodhara is an ancient Ayurvedic technique that soothes and invigorates the senses and the mind. A total feeling of wellness, mental clarity and comprehension is experienced in this process. Shirodhara means the dripping of oil like a thread (dhara) on the head (shiro). This is a tantalizing yet tranquil form of Ayurvedic oil treatment. Oils that are used in the treatment are chosen based on the dosha body type.
What are the results of the Shirodhara Treatment?According to traditional texts (Astanga Hrdaya: Sutra 2:7-8), this Shirodhara technique, if done correctly and accordingly, is known to accomplish miraculous healing. Some are listed here:
- Mesmerizing and tantalizing effects
- Treatment of several diseases connected with the head, neck, eyes, ears, nose, throat
- Helpful against insomnia
- Opens third eye
- Increases circulation in brain
- For nervous disorders and dispositions
- Helps relieve tension headaches
- Reduces shoulder and neck pains
- Coupled with head massage, it inhibits falling of hair
- Prevention of premature graying of hair
- Nourishes skin and hair
- Increases luster and form of hair and more
Testimonial: Chloe Freytag
I had an amazing Shirodhara treatment from Roberto and wow let me tell you, it was unbelievably relaxing. The oil to the third eye completely melts any stress or worries you carry and drifts you into a deep rhythmic relaxation. I would absolutely recommend this treatment to anyone. Very traditional and true to the Ayurvedic approach, and Roberto carries so much knowledge and awareness while always treating his patients with love and compassion. He's an amazing person and practitioner and I'm very thankful to have received this treatment from him. Will certainly receive more in the future!!!